This process can easily result in your affairs being turned upside down and, unfortunately, you can be randomly chosen for enquiry.
We have an excellent record dealing with tax enquiries and can provide you with a comprehensive service. This type of work can be extremely technical and can require significant time and resources in order to handle the investigation correctly. Even a very basic tax enquiry can easily result in hundreds or even thousands of pounds of additional fees.
Because of this, we offer a Tax Investigations Service which, for a small annual fee, will in most cases provide you with full, specialist support in the event of a tax enquiry. The service enables us to:
- Provide you with full professional representation in the event of a tax enquiry
- Handle the tax authorities on your behalf
- Deal with all correspondence and meetings with the tax inspector
- Negotiate the best possible result for you
- Our Tax Investigations Service is fully backed by an Insurance Policy, which we have taken out with Croner Tax Wise. We are able to make a claim in respect of the fees which we accrue when we defend a client who is under investigation by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) in respect of any of the following events:
- Self Assessment Full Enquiries
- Income Tax Self Assessment Aspect Enquiries
- Corporation Tax Self Assessment Aspect Enquiries
- HMRC Enquiries under IR35
- Employer Compliance Disputes
- HMRC VAT Disputes
- Schedule 36 Enquiries
An Accounting Gem has experience of helping taxpayers to respond rapidly and fully to HMRC so as to bring the enquiry to a quick conclusion, whether we have been involved with the preparation and submission of the original return or not.