Last updated 15th October 2018
The team at An Accounting Gem respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. We aim to maintain consistently high standards in our use and storage of your personal data and we endeavour to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant legislation.
Using links to external sites
Our contact details
Write to us: Data Protection Officer, An Accounting Gem, Sapphire House, 2 Cristal Business Park, Knightsdale Road, Ipswich, IP1 4JJ
Call us: +44 (0)1473 744700
Email us: email@example.com
Personal data you provide directly to us
We collect personal data from you when you enquire about or request a service from us. You will also provide personal data to us when you;
- Contact us directly to submit a completed contact form on our website
- Subscribe to our mailing list (using the website or by direct contact)
- Register to attend a conference or event
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes of fulfilling a service you have requested, which includes:
- Responding to your enquiries about our products and services
- Delivering customer services
- Fulfilling your requests and delivery of a product or service. For example, when you register to attend an event
- Administering your account
- Sending you specific service or transactional communications about a product or service
How we protect your personal data
Your personal information is stored on secured servers and networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Your data – your rights
Under data protection law you have a number of rights. These are aimed at giving you control about how your personal data is used by us. To exercise any of your rights please contact us.
If you are unhappy with the manner in which we have collected and are using your personal data please contact us. If you are concerned with the manner in which we have handled your personal data, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Emails – There will always be an unsubscribe link on any marketing email you receive from us
- Post – We will inform you in any postal communication how you can stop receiving direct mail in future
- Phone – If you receive a marketing call from us, please let the call operator know if you don’t want to receive calls again
Access your personal data
You can request a copy of the personal data we may hold relating to you, and the purposes for which we are using it. This is known as a Subject Access Request. In responding to such a request we may ask for proof of your identity to ensure we do not inadvertently send your personal data to another person. We will endeavour to respond to any such requests as soon as possible, but at least within one calendar month.
Amend your personal data
If you discover or believe the personal data we hold for you is out of date or incorrect please let us know and we will rectify this as soon as possible.
Delete your personal data
If you wish for your personal data to be deleted we will assess any such request on a case-by-case basis. We will respond to you as soon as possible, at least within one calendar month of receiving your request.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. All recent versions of popular browsers give users a level of control over cookies. For more information about controlling cookies in individual browsers, see the ICO website.